Trump Confirms: Al-Qaeda Leader Qasim al-Rimi was Killed
Al-Qaeda leader in the Arabian Peninsula was killed in US operation in Yemen.
Qasim al-Rimi has led the group since 2015 and has been linked to a series of attacks over the last two decades.
In a statement, US President Donald Trump did not specify how he was killed, but according to recent rumors, it happened in a drone airstrike.
Rimi's "death further degrades AQAP and the global al-Qa'ida movement, and it brings us closer to eliminating the threats these groups pose to our national security," the White House said in a statement Thursday. "The United States, our interests, and our allies are safer as a result of his death. We will continue to protect the American people by tracking down and eliminating terrorists who seek to do us harm."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Life Imprisonment for the Russian Soldier convicted of War Crimes
- » Zelensky in Davos: Ukraine needs $5 Billion a Month
- » Biden: Putin must Pay for his Barbarism in Ukraine
- » Russian Political Scientist: Let’s Conquer what We Can then Declare it a Goal of the Operation
- » Day 89 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv extends Martial Law, Russia advances in Lugansk
- » Borrell: The EU needs to Strengthen its Military Security