Trump Confirms: Al-Qaeda Leader Qasim al-Rimi was Killed
Al-Qaeda leader in the Arabian Peninsula was killed in US operation in Yemen.
Qasim al-Rimi has led the group since 2015 and has been linked to a series of attacks over the last two decades.
In a statement, US President Donald Trump did not specify how he was killed, but according to recent rumors, it happened in a drone airstrike.
Rimi's "death further degrades AQAP and the global al-Qa'ida movement, and it brings us closer to eliminating the threats these groups pose to our national security," the White House said in a statement Thursday. "The United States, our interests, and our allies are safer as a result of his death. We will continue to protect the American people by tracking down and eliminating terrorists who seek to do us harm."
- » BNR: The US Designates Bulgaria a Developed Country
- » Turkey will Support Fayez al-Sarraj's Government if the Talks on Libya Fail
- » Iran has Reported the First Two Confirmed Cases of Coronavirus Infection
- » Syria's Aleppo Airport has Resumed Passenger Flights for the First Time since 2012
- » South Korea's Former President Sentenced to 17 Years in Prison and a Record Fine
- » Malaysia Suspected that the Pilot of the MN370 Flight has Intentionally Crashed the Plane