Cyprus Coastguard Detained a Boat with 101 Syrian Citizens
A boat carrying 101 Syrian nationals was detained by the Cyprus's coastguard, Kathimerini reported. This is the highest number of refugees detained in the last month.
The Syrians were transferred to a coastguard ship and taken to a port on the southeast part of the island.
A police spokesman said there were minors onboard and the refugees were likely traveling to Turkey.
The island has been the subject of increased numbers of illegal migrants over the last 18 months as other known routes become more difficult to cross.
Many of the refugees are from Syria, but recently the number of Cameroon's citizens has also increased.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Michel Barnier Accused Boris Johnson of Not Keeping His Promises
- » Brussels warns: Coronavirus Pandemic Threatens the Future of the Eurozone
- » Heads of EU and Western Balkans Countries will Meet Virtually
- » The EC Raised 7,4 Billion Euros to Develop a COVID-19 Vaccine
- » Bulgaria has Officially Applied for the Eurozone
- » Eurostat: The Highest Rate of Severe Material Deprivation is in Bulgaria