BNR: Over 10% of Bulgarians don't Pay Health Insurance Contributions
Lowest life expectancy, high childhood obesity, biggest number of smokers per capita and unusually high medical costs - these are the conclusions of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development and the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies about Bulgaria's healthcare, BNR reported.
Bulgaria is the EU country with lowest costs for healthcare per capita, but compared to its neighbours the healthcare costs/GDP ratio is high. Bulgaria spends over EUR 1,300 per person, which is twice more than in 2005. The pharmaceutical companies absorb 43% of the public funding for healthcare. 34% of the funding is allotted to hospital treatment and very little money is spent on prevention, the experts note.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 292 New Cases on July 11 in 4540 PCR Tests
- » Anti-Record: 330 Newly Registered Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria
- » Daily Record: 240 New Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria, 6342 Total
- » Daily Record: 188 Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria, 6102 Total
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 174 Newly Registered Cases on July 7, 5914 Total
- » Bulgaria: A Fifth Pastor Died of COVID-19 After a Meeting in Perushtitsa