EC Convenes an Emergency Meeting because of the Middle East Crisis
EU commissioners will discuss the situation in the Middle East at an emergency meeting in Brussels today, the BNR informs. High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Josep Borrell will keep up to date with the latest developments in the region.
Commissioners will discuss the risks in areas of European interest, according to European Commission spokesman Eric Mamer, such areas are transport and energy.
A statement from the Commission press secretariat confirms that Borrell will convene a meeting with the Union's foreign ministers to activate all diplomatic channels amid rising tensions in the region. This meeting is expected on Friday.
Concerns have been heightened by Iran's statements that it will no longer fulfill the nuclear deal.
- » Speakers of Parliaments in the Western Balkans Countries Gather on a Meeting in Bulgaria
- » PM Borissov Departs from Cairo to Berenice Naval Base on the Red Sea Coast (PHOTOS)
- » Herro Mustafa Chose a Bulgarian Rose as the Motif of her Ambassador’s Coin
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva to Participate in the Foreign Affairs Council on the situation in Iraq and Libya
- » Bulgaria to Host the Three Seas initiative Summit
- » US Ambassador to Bulgaria Herro Mustafa Met with Defense Minister Karakachanov