EC Convenes an Emergency Meeting because of the Middle East Crisis
EU commissioners will discuss the situation in the Middle East at an emergency meeting in Brussels today, the BNR informs. High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Josep Borrell will keep up to date with the latest developments in the region.
Commissioners will discuss the risks in areas of European interest, according to European Commission spokesman Eric Mamer, such areas are transport and energy.
A statement from the Commission press secretariat confirms that Borrell will convene a meeting with the Union's foreign ministers to activate all diplomatic channels amid rising tensions in the region. This meeting is expected on Friday.
Concerns have been heightened by Iran's statements that it will no longer fulfill the nuclear deal.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus