Heads of a Bank in Italy Arrested for Deliberate Bankruptcy
Financial police officers in Italy have arrested the president and CEO of the Bank for Economic Development in the Sicilian city of Catania. They have been charged with willful bankruptcy and other financial crimes.
As part of the operation, codenamed Fake Bank, Sicilian investigation officers have been able to track numerous illegal financial transactions carried out by senior credit institutions. In collaboration with 18 others, they brought the bank into bankruptcy.
RIA Novosti announces that all defendants in this case have been notified of the completion of the preliminary investigation.
The investigation started in 2016 and covered at least 11 Italian regions including Lombardy, Sicily, Veneto, Tuscany and Campania. Suspects were traced to and arrested in Germany, Switzerland and Bulgaria, The Guardian reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 221 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russians withdraw from Lyman, Zelensky vows for more Recaptured Territories
- » Day 220 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The West Reacts to Putin’s Speech and his Nuclear Threats
- » China's Yuan sinks to record Low against Dollar ahead of key National Congress
- » 19 Killed in Anti-Government Protests in Iran
- » US: Death Toll reaches 21 in Florida as Hurricane Ian hits South Carolina
- » Kyiv's response to Putin: Ukraine quickly Enters NATO