New Protests in India against the Citizenship Act
Opponents of the Indian citizenship law, considered discriminatory against Muslims, have raised new protests today, BTA reported.
There were clashes between thousands of protesters and police officers in the capital New Delhi.
The security forces used tear gas to repel protesters, who were piling up barricades and were throwing stones at the police.
The law facilitates the acquisition of Indian citizenship by refugees from Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Pakistan, but provided they are not Muslim.
A demonstration were also held today in the eastern city of Kolkata and in in southern Kerala.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Mother Gave Birth on an Airplane and Named Her Baby-Boy "Sky"
- » Vladimir Putin: We Registered the First COVID-19 Vaccine, My Daughter Is Vaccinated
- » Trump Bans Tik Tok App, Stocking Tension with Beijing
- » Bulgarian Company is the Owner of the Ship That Carried the Ammonium Nitrate Responsble for the Explosion in Beirut
- » France: 16 Coronavirus High-Risk Countries with a Compulsary Testing on Arrival
- » Donald Trump Suggests Delay to 2020 US Election, Republicans: You Can't Delay It