The European Parliament Failed to Choose the Next EU Ombudsman
The European Parliament was unable to determine the next EU Ombudsman in today's first vote. The vote is scheduled to continue tomorrow with a second and third round. Only the two candidates who received the most votes will participate in the last round.
There are 5 candidates for the post, with the current Ombudsman Emily O'Reilly getting the most votes in today's first round. However the votes she collected were 55 which weren't enough for O'Reilly's re-election today.
"I am humbled by the strong vote across group lines today. It reflects that parliament wants an @EUombudsman with a broader vision of the role - open, modern, and engaged with European citizens. I hope my record of achievements and my experience will count tomorrow."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » After Joining Schengen: The Last Border Checks in Croatia have been Abolished
- » New Protests in France against the Pension Reform turned into Riots
- » EU: Countries like Bulgaria should not Block others regarding Shells for Ukraine
- » Another Night of Clashes and Protests against the Pension Reform in France
- » The French Government Survived a Vote of No Confidence
- » Third Night of Protests in Paris: More than 80 People were Detained