BNR: US Energy Experts Visit Bulgaria’s Energy Enterprises
Balkan Stream and the gas interconnector between Bulgaria and Greece are not mutually exclusive and they both contribute to the real diversification of the whole region. The future of the coal-fired power stations does not look bright. That is why the Belene NPP project and Kozloduy nuclear power plant will be extremely important for the energy balance of our country in ten years, BNR reported.
Nuclear power engineering should not live under any dogma, especially when it comes to green energy, quality of air and life, Bulgaria’s Premier Boyko Borissov said at a meeting with experts from the US Department of State and the US Department of Energy. US energy experts arrived in Bulgaria in line with the agreements reached at the meeting between Bulgaria’s Premier Borissov and the US President Donald Trump on November 25 in Washington. The purpose of their visit to Sofia was to get acquainted in detail with the work of the Bulgarian energy enterprises.
Yesterday the US delegation visited the site of the second nuclear power plant in Belene and in the coming days they will visit Maritsa East-2 thermal power plant and Kozloduy NPP.
- » Kozloduy NPP Will Be Supplied with Nuclear Fuel by 2025
- » The European Commission Approved nearly 94 Million Euros for a New Power Plant in Bulgaria
- » Herro Mustafa: The US Will Send Energy Experts to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Becomes Part of the Common European Electricity Market
- » Energy Expert: These 11 km from Balkan Stream are Extremely Important for Bulgaria
- » The Construction of the Balkan Stream Gas Pipeline Through Bulgaria Has Started (Video)