Over 1300 Earthquakes in Albania for a Week
Since the morning of November 26, when a devastating 6.4 magnitude earthquake was recorded in Albania, 1300 smaller earthquakes have been recorded in Durrës and other parts of the country, Albanian seismologist reported.
He added that this was a normal process which is needed in order for the earth's energy after the main earthquake to be released.
"People have to get used to earthquakes, even though they haven't experienced such a strong earthquake as what shook the country on November 26 for the last 40 years," the seismologist reported.
"It is normal for energy to be released from the seismic zone. There is no reason for people to panic," he said. The recent earthquakes have not caused any damage.
- » NSI: 910.4 thousand Nights were Spent in Accommodation Units in Bulgaria
- » 4.7 Magnitude Earthquake Shook Greece
- » BNR: US Energy Experts Visit Bulgaria’s Energy Enterprises
- » Tourists Will Pay a Tax for a Hotel Stay in Turkey
- » IIB Board of Directors in Budapest Summed up the Results of 2019: Successful Completion of Relocation to Europe, Record Growth of Loan Portfolio and Key Performance Indicators
- » 4 not so Popular Ski Runs in Bulgaria