Bolivia Will Renew its Diplomatic Relations with Israel
Bolivia has announced that it will renew diplomatic relations with Israel, cut off in 2009 by former President Evo Morales, France Press reported. Morales made the decision in displeasure with the Israeli army strikes in the Gaza Strip.
"We are going to restore relations with Israel.”, Bolivian Foreign Minister Karen Longaric told at a meeting with foreign journalists.
Longaric said that diplomatic ties will resume "out of respect for the sovereignty of the state, cordiality and that relations could lead to positive aspects for both sides and contribute to Bolivian tourism.”, Haaretz reported
Evo Morales, who resigned on November 10, broke ties with the Jewish state following the December 2008 Gaza Strip attack that killed over a thousand Palestinians.
It was a political decision that did not take into account the side effects of economic and trade issues, Longaric said.
- » Russia Claims the the US is behind the Coronavirus Epidemic
- » Moscow: Bulgaria is the Epicentre of a Campaign against Russia
- » US to Withdraw Troops from Kosovo unless Pristina Abolishes Customs Duties
- » Russia Bans Imports of Chinese Meat Products
- » The Pentagon: Russia and Turkey are on the Verge of an Armed Conflict in Idlib
- » The United States has Excluded 47 Goods from the List of Chinese Products Subject to Customs Duties