16 People Have Been Found Locked in a Trailer on a Ferry Traveling to Ireland
16 people have been found locked in a trailer on a ferry traveling to the Irish port of Rosslare, shipping operator Stena Line reported.
This draws attention to the issue of illegal immigration and human trafficking in Western Europe once again, after 39 Vietnamese were found dead in a refrigerated truck last month.
On Tuesday, a cargo ferry crew operated by DFDS Seaways found 25 migrants in a refrigerated container on a ship sailing to the UK.
The 16 people in the latest case were discovered aboard the Stena Horizon ship from the French city of Cherbourg in the Normandy region, to the Irish port of Rosslare. on Wednesday night. "One of our employees discovered 16 people in a sealed trailer,” Ian Hampton, the company’s communications director, said in a statement. "All persons are in good health and transferred to a private passenger cabin."
So far, there has been no comment by the Irish police or indications of nationalities.
- » The Interior Ministry has no Information on an Investigation by the Spanish Authorities against PM Borissov
- » One of the Killed in the Shootings in the German city of Hanau is a Bulgarian Citizen
- » The Rapper Pop Smoke was Shot Dead
- » Ministry of Justice Asked the UAE for the Extradition of Vasil Bozhkov
- » 24 People were Killed in a Church Attack in Burkina Faso
- » A Record 5 Tonnes of Cocaine Seized in Costa Rica