Explosion at a Fireworks Factory in Sicily, There Are Casualties
Five people were killed in an explosion at a family-owned fireworks factory on the Italian island of Sicily, AFP reports. Firefighters are still stating whether this is the final death toll.
Two workers and the 71-year-old factory owner were killed in the explosion.
At least four people were injured.
The owner's son is among the injured and was taken to a hospital in Palermo.
The blast took place Wednesday afternoon in the city of Barcelona, Pozzo di Gotto, while the factory was making fireworks for the upcoming New Year holidays.
One of the workers which was pulled out from debris said one of his colleagues was missing. He was later found dead.
- » At least 57 were Killed in Avalanches in Pakistan
- » Public Bus Fell into a Huge Hole in China, at least 6 People are Killed (PHOTOS)
- » Powerful Explosion in a Residential Building in Varna Killed Two People
- » The Severe Weather in Afghanistan and Pakistan Killed at least 43 People
- » Avalanche Killed Two People and Injured Three others in the United States
- » Ukrainian Passenger Plane Crashes in Iran, there are Killed