Poorest Pensioners in Bulgaria Will Receive BGN 40 Christmas Bonus
The Bulgarian government allocates BGN 51 million for Christmas bonuses for the poorest pensioners.
Christmas bonus of 40 BGN will be given to each pensioner who receives less than BGN 363 BGN monthly pension, which is the new poverty line, BNR said on November 20, BNT reported.
Labour and Social Policy Minister Minister Bisser Petkov said that nearly 1, 276 million pensioners will be entitled to the Christmas bonus of BGN 40 (Euro 20).
Prime Minister Borissov commented this is the eighth time the government has paid Christmas bonuses to pensioners. He said that with the sum approved at a cabinet meeting, his third government had provided nearly half a billion BGN in pension supplements, “plus a 6.7% increase in pensions, plus what we have decided with the new budget to increase the minimum pension to BGN 250,“ he noted.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Pfizer CEO: Vaccines against COVID-19 will Probably become Annual
- » Bulgaria: All Students return to Class on Monday - They will be Tested once a Week
- » More than 8 billion Vaccines against Covid have been Administered Worldwide
- » Outbreak of Meningitis in a Kindergarten in Sofia, One Child Died
- » Omicron has Arrived in the United States
- » Ursula von der Leyen: It's Time to think about Mandatory Vaccination in the EU