Elon Musk: I Need 20 Years and 1000 Spaceships to Build a City on Mars
CEO of SpaceX space technology company Elon Musk has said it will take 20 years and 1,000 spacecraft to build a city on Mars, which is his long-term vision.
Musk wrote on Twitter that SpaceX will need to build about 1,000 spaceships for Mars, which will need to transport cargo, infrastructure and crew to Mars over the course of 20 years since planetary alignment only really allows for a realistically achievable Mars flight once every two years, Tech Crunch reported.
The launch costs about $ 2 million per spacecraft, and Musk says the ultimate goal is to build a "self-sustaining city of Mars."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot Weekend
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 292 New Cases on July 11 in 4540 PCR Tests
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 10: Mostly Sunny Today, Temperatures Up to 34 Degrees
- » Anti-Record: 330 Newly Registered Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Marks the 170th Anniversary of the Birth of Ivan Vazov
- » Bulgarian Ministry of Education: Three Scenarios For Starting The New School Year