7.4-Magnitude Earthquake Was Registered in Indonesia, a Tsunami Warning Was Issued
A 7.4-magnitude earthquake struck 134 kilometers northwest of Malaku, Indonesia, according to the United States Geological Survey, quoted by the Independent.
The tremor was at a depth of 62km, USGS reported.
A tsunami warning was issued but it was lifted two hours later.
The quake struck between the Sulawesi and Halmahera islands.
"Most likely a tsunami won't hit the land, but we still need to be on alert," Rahmat Triyono, a senior official at BMKG told the local Kompas TV, DW reported.
Indonesia is situated on the 'Ring of Fire an area in the basin of the Pacific Ocean which is vulnerable to frequent earthquake and volcanic eruptions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 15: Mostly Sunny Today
- » Inspection of the Bulgarian Minister of Agriculture Whether Unauthorized Plant Protection is being Used
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 14: Cool in the Morning. Warm in the Afternoon
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 13: Cloudy Windy Monday
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warm and Windy Sunday
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot Weekend