London Police Released 29 Romanian Women who Were Forced to Prostitute
Police in London have released 29 Romanians held captive by a group of 17 people suspected of trafficking women into the UK and forcing them to work as prostitutes, according to BGNES.
"As a result of several assaults, 17 people - 14 men and 3 women - were arrested in the early morning on suspicion of being a member of an international criminal group involved in the trafficking of human beings. Actions were carried out on 16 warrants issued in several areas of London, "the statement said.
The detainees are also suspected of organizing conditions for "modern-day slavery", prostitution and crimes related to hard drugs and firearms.
"The women found by the police at the address range from 20 to 40 years old. All are transported to a safe place. The detainees are under police arrest in central London, "a police statement said.
The operation was carried out jointly with the Romanian police, the Romanian Embassy in the United Kingdom and Europol.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria