Croatian Police Found 9 Migrants in a Van
Croatian police have found nine migrants crammed into a closed box in the back of a van, the Associated Press reported.
Police say the migrants were found early this morning in eastern Croatia after police officers stopped a van with Polish registration.
The migrants were three men, two women and four children. They said they were from Iran and Iraq. The driver of the van is a 21-year-old Ukrainian who has been arrested on suspicion of human trafficking.
Migrants fleeing war and poverty reach Croatia through neighbouring Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Associated Press notes.
- » Ministry of Justice Asked the UAE for the Extradition of Vasil Bozhkov
- » 24 People were Killed in a Church Attack in Burkina Faso
- » A Record 5 Tonnes of Cocaine Seized in Costa Rica
- » Petrich Municipality Investigated by OLAF
- » Vasil Bozhkov Charged with Two More Crimes
- » Bloomberg:Fugitive Gambling Tycoon Fights for his Vast Treasure Trove