Croatian Police Found 9 Migrants in a Van
Croatian police have found nine migrants crammed into a closed box in the back of a van, the Associated Press reported.
Police say the migrants were found early this morning in eastern Croatia after police officers stopped a van with Polish registration.
The migrants were three men, two women and four children. They said they were from Iran and Iraq. The driver of the van is a 21-year-old Ukrainian who has been arrested on suspicion of human trafficking.
Migrants fleeing war and poverty reach Croatia through neighbouring Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Associated Press notes.
- » 10 People Arrested in Sofia for Drug Distribution
- » Nearly 100 kg of Heroin for BGN 3.6 Million Were Seized at the Danube Bridge Border Checkpoint
- » 11 Injured in a Shootout in Edirne
- » 18 People Were Killed and Dozens Were Injured in a Bomb Blast in Syrian City
- » Three People Were Killed and One Was Injured in a Shooting in Istanbul
- » More than a Tonne of Cocaine Was Found in a Banana Container in Italy