Study: Boris Johnson to Win Early Elections
Early parliamentary elections in the UK will be won by the ruling Conservative Party of Prime Minister Boris Johnson, according to a study on the circulation tabloid Daily Mail, quoted by Reuters.
Conservatives have the support of 34% of Britons. Jeremy Corbyn's Labor Party is 8 points behind with the support of 26 percent of the voters.
The Liberal Democrats party is expected to make a big leap compared to the results of the last election. It has the support of 19% of the voters, provided that in 2017 the pro-European party was preferred by below 8% of the voters.
Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party has the support of 12% of the voters.
The elections will be held on December 12. Johnson and opposition leader Corbyn begin their election campaign today (October 31).
- » Johnson: After Brexit, EU Citizens Will Be Treated Like Migrants from other Countries
- » The EU Is Launching a Lawsuit against the UK for Refusing to Nominate a Commissioner-Designate
- » Donald Tusk: UK Will Become a "Second-Rate Player" after Brexit
- » The EU Is Stepping up its Defense and Security Efforts
- » Erdogan: Turkey Could Suspend EU Membership Talks
- » Belarus Must Abolish the Death Penalty in order to Become a Member of the European Council