Second Large Wild Fire in Rila Mountains
Another big wild fire broke out in Bulgaria’s Rila Mountains. The fire started in a pine forest around 2:30 pm on October 28 above the village of Gorno Kraishte in Belitsa municipality. Dense black smoke rises above the forest, and large flames can be seen. Several firefighting teams are on site, BNT reported.
There is no risk to people and buildings, the fire is 3 km away from the village.
Currently, 100 decares of forest are burning, the terrain is difficult to access. Wind further complicates the situation.
The extinguishing with the two helicopters will continue.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: A Powerful Storm Flooded Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Ticks Boom Across the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Thunderstorms in Many Places in the Country on July 5
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Storms with Thunder and Hail, Sunny on the Black Sea
- » Weather Today: Rainy Over Western Bulgaria, on the SeaCoast - Perfect for the Beach
- » Weather in Bulgaria, July 2: Sunny and Warm, Temperatures Up to 35 Degrees