Thousands Took to the Streets of Barcelona Calling for Unity
Thousands of supporters of Spain's unity took to the streets of Barcelona yesterday, chanting "For coexistence, for democracy, for Catalonia!" "Enough!", Referring to street protests following the sentencing of separatist leaders, the Spanish daily Mundo reported in its electronic edition.
A number of politicians have decided to support today's campaign in the name of national unity and have joined it. Among them was Spanish Foreign Minister Josep Borrell Fontelles, Pais reported. Many participants wore Spanish flags and chanted "Long Live Spain."
At the same time, supporters of Catalonia's independence organized a counter-rally. Its initiators are the so-called committees for the protection of the republic, and their actions often turn into riots.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Serbia: Mandatory Negative PCR Test for Arrivals from Bulgaria, Croatia, Northern Macedonia and Romania
- » Mother Gave Birth on an Airplane and Named Her Baby-Boy "Sky"
- » Vladimir Putin: We Registered the First COVID-19 Vaccine, My Daughter Is Vaccinated
- » Trump Bans Tik Tok App, Stocking Tension with Beijing
- » Bulgarian Company is the Owner of the Ship That Carried the Ammonium Nitrate Responsble for the Explosion in Beirut
- » France: 16 Coronavirus High-Risk Countries with a Compulsary Testing on Arrival