Thousands Took to the Streets of Barcelona Calling for Unity
Thousands of supporters of Spain's unity took to the streets of Barcelona yesterday, chanting "For coexistence, for democracy, for Catalonia!" "Enough!", Referring to street protests following the sentencing of separatist leaders, the Spanish daily Mundo reported in its electronic edition.
A number of politicians have decided to support today's campaign in the name of national unity and have joined it. Among them was Spanish Foreign Minister Josep Borrell Fontelles, Pais reported. Many participants wore Spanish flags and chanted "Long Live Spain."
At the same time, supporters of Catalonia's independence organized a counter-rally. Its initiators are the so-called committees for the protection of the republic, and their actions often turn into riots.
- » Russia Bans Imports of Chinese Meat Products
- » The Pentagon: Russia and Turkey are on the Verge of an Armed Conflict in Idlib
- » The United States has Excluded 47 Goods from the List of Chinese Products Subject to Customs Duties
- » Two People Died from COVID-19 in Iran
- » Croatia's Chief State Attorney Resigns
- » Trump Fired Deputy Defense Secretary, who Approved Military Aid for Ukraine