Explosion at Oil Field in China, There Are at Least 5 Killed
At least 5 people were killed and five others injured as a result of the explosion of a vehicle-mounted testing apparatus at an oil extraction facility. The incident occurred in northwest China's Shanxi province, local authorities said.
A technology company from central China's Hunan Province on Sunday tested the permeability of two wells belonging to an oil production facility at an oil field in Yanchang County. After the tests were completed, when specialists returned from the oil field, the vehicle-mounted test equipment exploded for an unknown reason.
At least three people remain missing, Sputnik reports.
The wounded specialists are hospitalized while the search for missing people continues. Local law enforcement agencies have launched an investigation into the incident.
- » China Will Waive Import Duties on some Soybean and Pork Supplies from the United States
- » Bulgaria among the Countries with Largest share of Old Aircraft
- » Donald Tusk: Brexit - One of the Most Spectacular Mistakes in the EU History
- » Many Flights Will Be Canceled due to Strike in France
- » US Imposes New Sanctions on China over the Violent Crackdowns on the Muslim Minority
- » The EC Meets Without Using any Paper for the First Time