France Blocks the Start of EU Membership Talks with Skopje and Tirana
EU Ministers for EU Affairs had to give green light today in Luxembourg to start the negotiation process with the two Balkan countries. However, Paris was strongly opposed.
Other countries such as the Netherlands and Denmark have demanded the separation of the two countries and the opening of negotiations with northern Macedonia only.
The disappointment in Skopje and Tirana is great.
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva Leaves for an Official Visit to Africa
- » US President Donald Trump Will Receive PM Boyko Borissov at the White House on November 25, 2019
- » The Game of Envoys: Are the EU and the US Taking the Western Balkans more Seriously?
- » PM Borissov: Reconciliation and Regional Cooperation Are Key to European Integration of the Western Balkans
- » PM Borissov Arrived in Geneva for a Leadership Meeting
- » Luxembourg Will Do Everything it Can in Order for Bulgaria to Become a Member of the Schengen Area