President Rumen Radev: EU Needs a Real Cohesion
If the European Union does not invest in social and economic unity during the new term of office of the European institutions, internal division will continue threatening the EU principles and pillars, Bulgaria’s President Rumen Radev said at the 15th summit of the heads of state of the Arraiolos Group in Athens.
In his speech Bulgaria’s head of state accentuated on the necessity to overcome the differences between the East and West and the North and South in Europe. The EU still reacts mainly to the changes in the security environment, while other strategic players change this environment in their own interest. The EU still needs an operational plan for protection of its external borders in case of another massive migration pressure and the current situation confirms this, President Radev pointed out and called for reforms of the Dublin Regulation and the EU asylum policy, BNR reported.
- » President Rumen Radev and Reuven Rivlin Discussed Partnership in Innovations and the Good Practices in Water Resources Management
- » PM Borissov Left for Switzerland to Participate in the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos
- » Ukraine's Prime Minister Resigned
- » Consultations with President Radev on the Problems in the Election Process Continue
- » A New Series of Consultations with President Rumen Radev about the Bulgarian Constitution
- » Speakers of Parliaments in the Western Balkans Countries Gather on a Meeting in Bulgaria