Today Is the World Obesity Day
On October 11 we mark the World Obesity Day. The idea is to encourage people around the world to maintain a healthy weight.
Obesity, especially in developed countries, is increasing and acquiring a pandemic.
In five years, it is expected that every second person will be overweight, with currently 40% of people over 18 in the world weighing more than normal.
World Obesity Day is an annual campaign that aims to stimulate and support practical actions that will help people achieve and maintain a healthy weight and reverse the global obesity crisis.
In 2018, #WorldObesityDay called for an end to weight discrimination to improve the life chances of people with obesity around the world, World Obesity Federation reported.
- » A New Substance Was Included in the Drug List
- » British Television Is Launching a New Channel without News of Brexit
- » Turkey Accused of Using Banned Weapons against Civilians in Syria?
- » Greece Launches a Campaign against Plastic Pollution - No Single-Use Plastics by June 2020
- » Five Casualties Following the Severe Earthquake in the Philippines
- » No Mass Migration Wave is Expected in Bulgaria - The Refugee Centres Are Almost Empty