Today Is the World Obesity Day
On October 11 we mark the World Obesity Day. The idea is to encourage people around the world to maintain a healthy weight.
Obesity, especially in developed countries, is increasing and acquiring a pandemic.
In five years, it is expected that every second person will be overweight, with currently 40% of people over 18 in the world weighing more than normal.
World Obesity Day is an annual campaign that aims to stimulate and support practical actions that will help people achieve and maintain a healthy weight and reverse the global obesity crisis.
In 2018, #WorldObesityDay called for an end to weight discrimination to improve the life chances of people with obesity around the world, World Obesity Federation reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Nearly 1,000 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » The Court in Strasbourg: Bulgaria to Pay 109,000 Euros to the Roma expelled from Vojvodinovo
- » Bulgaria: Possibility of Secondary Explosion at “Arsenal” Weapons Factory, 2 Women are still Missing
- » Bulgaria: Explosions at "Arsenal" Weapons Factory in Kazanlak – Casualties reported
- » There are Regions in Bulgaria where Every Third Person is 65 or Older
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1339 New Cases in the Last 24 hours