Over 1000 Children in Bulgaria Are Abandoned by Their Parents Every Year
,,In Bulgaria, over 1000 children are abandoned by their parents every year'', social minister Bisser Petkov said.
In his words, legislative changes initiated to prevent abandonment have met with public criticism and protests. Minister Petkov commented in which cases the risk of abandonment of a child is greatest.
Bisser Petkov, Minister of Labor and Social Policy: This risk is greatest in maternity homes, it is highest in cases where the child is born with some disabilities. In this case too, it is the task of the social system to really implement swift, adequate action to reduce the risk of abandonment of this child. To convince parents that they must take care and this child is theirs.
- » Code Yellow Warning for Fog has been Issued for 20 Bulgarian Regions Today
- » BNR: Prosecutor’s Office Investigates Gathering of European Extremists in Sofia
- » Sofia in the Top 300 for the Most Expensive Cities in the World
- » Eurostat: Lowest Rate of Prisoners in the EU since 2000
- » Elevated Levels of Fine Particulate Matter is Sofia
- » Hepatitis A Boom in Bobov Dol