Boris Johnson Suspends Parliament for a Week
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will dissolve parliament from October 8-14, Downing Street has reported. It comes just weeks after his previous move to suspend parliament was declared illegal.
"These timings would mean parliament is prorogued for the shortest time possible to enable all the necessary logistical preparations" for Queen Elizabeth II to outline the government's new legislative programme, it was said in a statement.
- » More than 200,000 Czechs Have Gathered in Prague to Demand the Resignation of Billionaire Prime Minister Andrej Babiš
- » Estonia Will Host One of the World's Largest Cyber Defense Exercises
- » Most Americans Believe Donald Trump Should Be Removed from Office
- » France: Nearly 15,000 Households Are still Without Electricity
- » 45 Flights Were Delayed or Canceled in Moscow
- » Johnson: After Brexit, EU Citizens Will Be Treated Like Migrants from other Countries