Former French President Jacques Chirac Has Died Aged 86
Former French President Jacques Chirac has died at the age of 86, his family said.
The former head of state has died this morning. His family was next to him, the statement said.
Jacques Chirac served two terms as French president and took his country into the single European currency. One of his major political reforms was to cut the presidential term of office from seven to five years. He was seen as the focus of opposition to the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.
- » Silva Zurleva Died
- » Roxette Vocalist Marie Fredriksson Died at 61
- » Bulgarian Theater Legend Stoyanka Mutafova Died at the Age of 97
- » Bulgarian Cinema Legend Stefan Danailov Died at the Age of 76
- » The Great-Grandson of Louis Vuitton Died in France
- » Max Wright, Who Played the Father in the 80s Cult Sitcom Alf, Dies