Frenchwoman Discovered a Unique 13th Century Painting above her Hot Plate
An old icon above the hot plate of an old French woman turned out to be a masterpiece worth more than € 6 million. The work of Florentine master Cimabue, who lived in the 13th century, is called "Christ Mocked”.
The painting is thought to be part of a large diptych dating from 1280 when Cimabue painted eight scenes depicting Christ's passion and crucifixion, MSN reported.
The woman living near Paris had no idea what the value of the work was. The heat from the hot plate did not damage the painting.
- » Bulgarians Have Received an European Award for Development in the Film Industry
- » Bulgarian Movie Won the Best Picture Award at the Cottbus Film Festival in Germany
- » A Turkish Court Ruling Could Turn Saint Sofia into a Mosque
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the Day of the Bulgarian National Revival Leaders
- » A Monument of Pencho Slaveikov Was Opened in Milan
- » Exhibition Commemorating the 500th Anniversary of Leonardo da Vinci is Open in the Louvre