Frenchwoman Discovered a Unique 13th Century Painting above her Hot Plate
An old icon above the hot plate of an old French woman turned out to be a masterpiece worth more than € 6 million. The work of Florentine master Cimabue, who lived in the 13th century, is called "Christ Mocked”.
The painting is thought to be part of a large diptych dating from 1280 when Cimabue painted eight scenes depicting Christ's passion and crucifixion, MSN reported.
The woman living near Paris had no idea what the value of the work was. The heat from the hot plate did not damage the painting.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Government of Bulgaria will Allocate BGN 600,000 for the Rila Monastery
- » Bulgarians Celebrate the Day of Hristo Botev and Fights for Freedom and Independence of Bulgaria
- » The Notre-Dame Cathedral Can be Seen for the First Time Since Last Year
- » There Will be No Events for the Day of Hristo Botev on June 2
- » Conferences and Seminars are Allowed in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's National Library is Now Opened