Christine Lagarde: Global Growth Is "Fragile" and "Threatened"
Former head of the International Monetary Fund, Christine Lagarde, warned that global growth is "fragile" and "threatened," and that politicians must work to reduce people's vulnerabilities.
Lagarde, who is expected to take over the leadership of the European Central Bank later this year, said that issues such as trade relations, Brexit, technological threats "man-made problems that can be tackled by man,."
She called on politicians to work together to "try to reduce instability and ... resolve uncertainty."
Lagarde also said that central bankers need to "stick to the facts and economic data" in order to be "predictable".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Referendum In Russia: Putin is Allowed To Remain President Until 2036
- » 50,000 New Cases of COVID-19 in US, Trump: I Fully Support the Masks. I Think They Work
- » New Zealand's Health Minister Resignes After Breaches of Lockdown Rules
- » UK Restarts Tourism on July 4
- » Covid-19: Infection in USA is Getting Worse
- » Another Black Man Killed by the Police in America Sparks New Wave of Protests