Bulgaria Is among the Countries with the Most Students at British Universities
Bulgaria retains its tenth place among EU countries in terms of the number of students studying at British universities, with 6040 being Bulgarian students for the 2017/2018 academic year in the UK. The first places are occupied by Italy (with 13 985 students), France / with 13 660 students / and Germany / 13 545 students /, but these countries have a much larger population than Bulgaria, Blagovesta Evtimova, organizer of the exhibition "I study abroad”, said at a press conference.
She said ambiguities surrounding Brexit did not affect the British universities’ admission campaign for 2020, and there was even a slight increase in applicants compared to the same period last year. Perhaps, this may be because education is the only area in the UK that has won government guarantees that the European students will maintain their status after Brexit, Evtimova said. She said that European students at British universities are close to 25% of the bachelor students in the UK, and their absence would even cause a major economic crisis in the country.
In recent weeks in the UK, one of the most contested rights for foreigners there - the right to work - has been guaranteed for students for two years after their graduation, Evtimova said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Fees are Increasing in most Bulgarian Universities
- » One in Ten Bulgarians between the ages of 18 and 24 has Dropped out of School Early
- » Working as a Bulgarian Student in Europe: What You Need to Know About Work Permits
- » Bulgaria: A Draft Regulation provides for Military training for 10th and 11th Grade Students
- » 15.2% are the Teachers under 35 in Bulgaria, 54 is the Average Age
- » Bulgaria: The Affordable Option for Quality Education in Europe