PM Borissov: Bulgaria Doesn’t Want Schengen Support but Membership
Prime Minister Boyko Borissov confirmed Bulgaria's desire to become a Schengen member. He said it was important because of the country's reputation.
The comment comes a week after the Prime Minister announced in Berlin that he was not sure if the time was right. According to Borissov, Bulgaria is doing everything for its border security and no longer needs support, but direct membership.
The Prime Minister, however, has reservations whether the lack of border controls will put more pressure on migrants to Bulgaria. Borissov said that he had spoken ironically to his colleagues in Germany. However, Bulgaria really wants to be a member of the Schengen area.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Extraordinary Address of Bulgaria's PM Borissov: We Remain in Power! The Opposition Will Break the State!
- » Bulgarian President Radev Calls for Borissov and Government Resignation Amid Anti-Corruption Protests
- » Bulgarian PM: The Guards of Dogan and Peevski Must be Removed
- » Bulgaria: Tension in Rosenets Park, Protesters Are Not Allowed to Enter the Beach
- » Erdogan Has Ordered the Conversion of Hagia Sofia Back Into a Mosque
- » Second Day in a Row: Protests For and Against the Government in Bulgaria