PM Borissov: Bulgaria Doesn’t Want Schengen Support but Membership
Prime Minister Boyko Borissov confirmed Bulgaria's desire to become a Schengen member. He said it was important because of the country's reputation.
The comment comes a week after the Prime Minister announced in Berlin that he was not sure if the time was right. According to Borissov, Bulgaria is doing everything for its border security and no longer needs support, but direct membership.
The Prime Minister, however, has reservations whether the lack of border controls will put more pressure on migrants to Bulgaria. Borissov said that he had spoken ironically to his colleagues in Germany. However, Bulgaria really wants to be a member of the Schengen area.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Merkel Received Document for Dismissal from the Post Chancellor of Germany
- » Caretaker Interior Minister: A Minister under Premier Borissov was Paid by a Drug Trafficker
- » Erdogan Cancelled his Decision to Declare Ambassadors of 10 Western Countries Persona Non Grata
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Sudan: Growing Fears of a Military Coup Occurring At the Moment
- » Erdogan is Expelling Ambassadors of United States, Germany, France and Seven other Countries