British Airways Pilots Launched a 48-Hour Strike
Pilots of British Airlines launched a 48-hour strike. They demand higher wages and better working conditions. The protest has canceled 1,600 carrier flights, with an estimated 280,000 passengers affected.
British Airways invites their customers if their flight is canceled not to travel to the airport, but to discuss alternative routes with airline staff over the telephone or via the Internet.
According to experts, this may be the largest strike in British Airways history. The company offered pilots an 11.5% increase over the next three years, but they did not receive it.
The next protest is scheduled for late September.
- » Croatian Airlines to Operate Flights to Sofia and Podgorica
- » Bulgaria Air Launches Direct Flights to Valencia
- » NSI: Total Number of Accommodation Establishments in Bulgaria Increased by 1.4%
- » Flights from Sofia to Munich and Dusseldorf Cancelled due to Storm Ciara
- » Turkish Airlines Will Start Operating Flights to Equatorial Guinea
- » Turkey is Catching up with Spain on Tourism Revenue