Google and YouTube Fined for Collecting Data from Children Under 13
American authorities has fined Google and YouTube for collecting data from children without their parents' consent.
The YouTube music platform is owned by Google. The punishment was imposed by the Federal Trade and Prosecutor's Office of New York.
The fine is for violating the privacy law of online services and sites targeting children 13 years of age - their data can only be collected with the consent of the parents.
The penalty imposed is a record for such cases - $ 170 million.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Prosecutors Accused Man From Gotse Delchev for Distributing Child Pornography
- » Bulgaria: Bitcoin Farm in Kyustendil Stole Electricity for BGN 2.5 Million
- » 20 People Arrested Near Sofia for Migrant Trafficking
- » The Netherlands’s Largest Drug Lab Was Busted
- » 15-Year Old Girl Detained for Phone Fraud in Bulgaria
- » 17kg of Heroin Found in a Bulgarian Citizen's Car