U.S. and Bulgarian Soldiers Conduct Static Line Paradrop Training
U.S. Army Soldiers from the 3rd Assault Helicopter Battalion, 1st Aviation Regiment trained with Bulgarian Special Forces Soldiers on a paradrop exercise from a UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, August 20th, 2019.
After completing dry run training for jumping out of the UH-60, the Bulgarian Special Forces paratroopers teamed with pilots and maintainers from the 3-1 AHB for static line paradrops.
The four-day bilateral training event is scheduled to include static line and free-fall jumps.
Soldiers with the 3-1 AHB used the training opportunity to qualify many of their Soldiers in paradrop operations. For some, it was the first time conducted a bilateral paradrop training. The exercise is designed to help the U.S. and Bulgarians better understand each others’ training methods and equipment.
- » Romania, Bulgaria Boost Defense Buys Amid Worries About Russia
- » Bulgarian Parliament Rejected President's Veto on Changes to the Military Intelligence Act
- » Bulgaria Ranks 49th in the Global Firepower 2019 Military Strength Ranking
- » US Army Iron Rangers Conduct Spur Ride in Bulgaria
- » China Plans a Giant Military Parade on October 1
- » The Second Supply of C-400 Rockets arrived in Turkey