Raina Kabaivanska Became the First Foreigner to Win the Maria Callas Award
The award is given to Italian artists in the field of opera art
Opera Prima Raina Kabaivanska received the award in the name of legendary soprano Maria Callas, New Bulgarian University reported. Thus, the Bulgarian woman becomes the first foreigner to be awarded with the prestigious prize. The ceremony is the culmination of the events of the Maria Callas Festival, NOVA TV reported.
The award was established in 2013 and is awarded to Italian artists in the field of opera art with a historical contribution to the fame of the Arena di Verona. Among the prize winners are director Franco Zeffirelli, baritone Renato Bruson and Rolando Panerai.
The opera prima arrives in Bulgaria in September. The 19th International Master Class Raina Kabaivanska, organized by New Bulgarian University, will take place between September 10-29.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Up to 110 Shooting Stars per Hour in Bulgaria Between August 11th and 13th
- » Two Beluga Whales Have Been Moved to an Open Water Sanctuary After Almost 10 Years Away From the Sea
- » Face Masks Now Mandatory at Outdoor Areas in Paris
- » Protests in Bulgaria: Protesters in Sofia Lifted One Blockade
- » Forest Fire in Bulgarian Region of Svilengrad Continues, State of Emergency Is Extended
- » Bulgaria: 11 Infected with COVID-19 in a Dialysis Center in Dobrich