Boyko Borissov and Zoran Zaev Will Meet in Plovdiv
The Prime Ministers of Bulgaria and Northern Macedonia will meet in Plovdiv.
The second economic forum in the city will bring together Boyko Borissov and Zoran Zaev. The two of them will meet after the exacerbation of the relations between the two countries due to historical disputes around the figure of Gotse Delchev.
Skopje proposed that the revolutionary's memory be celebrated together by the two countries on Oct. 7, the date on which his bones were handed over by communist power in Bulgaria to then Yugoslavia.
Sofia has categorically rejected this proposal and said it would raise unresolved historical issues during North Macedonia's membership talks with the European Union.
- » Mariya Gabriel Is an EPP Vice-President Candidate
- » The Official Visit of Deputy Prime Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva to Angola Has Begun
- » Zaharieva's Official Visit to Namibia Has Begun
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva Leaves for an Official Visit to Africa
- » US President Donald Trump Will Receive PM Boyko Borissov at the White House on November 25, 2019
- » The Game of Envoys: Are the EU and the US Taking the Western Balkans more Seriously?