The Declared State of Emergency in Strelcha Has Been Canceled
The declared state of emergency in Strelcha has been canceled, the local municipal administration informed.
The state of emergency was announced by the Mayor of the municipality Stoian Chachov on 10th June. The reason was the consequences and damage after the floods that destroyed the city's water supply network. The only water pipe in the area was built in 1947 and was never changed. It was polluted with mud after the heavy rains.
There were problems with cleaning the affected facilities. We recall that the municipality of the resort town reported that this has been necessitated by complications arising during the repair works on the affected water supply facilities. Water supply has been restored, but the drinking water was unfit for consumption and posed a risk to human health for about two weeks.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria is in the Top 50 Most Visited Countries in Google Street View in 2021
- » 1/3 of the Signals for Dangerous Foods in the EU are from Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 316 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgarian Author is Nominated for the Nobel Prize in Literature
- » Bulgaria: By the End of May 7,000 Ukrainian Refugees will be Moved from Varna to other Cities
- » Employee of a Funeral Agency is Detained in Relations to the 7 Bodies found near Sofia