The Methadone’s Supplies that Treats 3,000 Drug Addicts Runs Out
The methadone’s supplies that treats 3,000 drug addicts runs out because the supplier company contract has expired.
When he starts taking heroin, Georgi Alexandrov still does not believe he is an addict.
One night he fails to fall asleep without the drug.
"There is one thing about you and it's heroin, I've continued with the use of it, without thinking that I'm as dependent or as bad as others." I always had an example that showed me things could be worse, "Georgi told BTV.
After 15 years on heroin, he started his way back with methadone therapy. He's been clean for seven years. He is one of the 3000 people who are being treated with this program in Bulgaria.
Since February, however, methadone has not been provided. Then the contract between the supplier and the Ministry of Health expired. New company isn’t selected yet. A new public order has been announced.
Doctors fear that the stopping the use of methadone can cause a serious crisis.
- » Study: insufficient Sleep Makes People Crave Unhealthy Food
- » Eating Healthy Reduces Anxiety and Improves People's Mood
- » Study: Even Small Amounts of Alcohol during Pregnancy Boosts Diabetes Risk for the Baby
- » Free Breast Cancer Examinations
- » There Are still Radioactively Contaminated Fungi more than 30 Years after Chernobyl
- » AirBG Platform: Nitrogen Dioxide Levels in Sofia Are 2 Times Above the Norm