1,800 People Visit Pirogov Hospital During Easter Holidays
1,800 people have sought medical help in the emergency department of University Hospital Pirogov since April 26, the institution said, quoted by NOVA TV.
Its teams had difficult shifts in the Easter holidays. Of those 1,800 people, 260 had to remain in the hospital. The number of admitted patients with no health insurance was 15.
The children emergency room, unique for Bulgaria, took care of over 520 patients, 50 of which remain in Pirogov.
The departments of surgery and traumatology were the most busy. 250 patients were left for treatment in the hospital, 50 of them children. A total of 60 people are fighting for their life.
The most common complaints during weekends were related to heart and stomach problems.
- » About 1.7 million People Have Been Infected with the HIV Virus in 2018
- » Dr. Miroslav Parvanov: African Swine Fever is Becoming a Global Problem
- » The Health Insurance Contribution Remains 8%, however, Bulgarians Will Have to be Additionally Insured with a Health Insurance Fund.
- » Six Swimming Pools in Sofia with Water Quality Violations
- » Bulgarian Health Ministry with Decision to Open a National Multi-Profile Children's Hospital
- » The Bulgarian Health Fund Owes BGN 285 Million to Foreign Institutions