Sofia Airport Grows Passenger Traffic with 5.2% this February
Passenger traffic at Bulgaria's Sofia Airport rose by an annual 5.2% to 497,999 people in February, data from the airport showed, reports SeeNews.
Aircraft take-offs and landings at Sofia Airport increased 3.2% year-on-year to 4,254 in the second month of the year, according to Sofia Airport statistics.
Cargo handled at the airport grew 22.6% to 1,923 t. in February.
Bulgaria is currently holding a tender for a 35-year concession contract to run the airport, worth an estimated 3.9 billion euro ($4.6 billion). The deadline for submitting offers, which was extended on several occasions, is April 3.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Tourist Season in Greece Officially Opened, See What Entry Rules Are
- » Greece Is Cautiously Optimistic about Tourism Recovery This Summer
- » EU Tourism Summit to Decide on Sector’s Transformation and Sustainability
- » EU: Draconian Restrictions on Travel from India To Contain Spread of Lethal Covid-19 Strain
- » London’s Heathrow Re-Directs Flights to Other British Airports to Ease Pressure on Border Services
- » San Marino Lures Tourists with Russian Vaccine for EUR 50