Sofia Airport Grows Passenger Traffic with 5.2% this February
Passenger traffic at Bulgaria's Sofia Airport rose by an annual 5.2% to 497,999 people in February, data from the airport showed, reports SeeNews.
Aircraft take-offs and landings at Sofia Airport increased 3.2% year-on-year to 4,254 in the second month of the year, according to Sofia Airport statistics.
Cargo handled at the airport grew 22.6% to 1,923 t. in February.
Bulgaria is currently holding a tender for a 35-year concession contract to run the airport, worth an estimated 3.9 billion euro ($4.6 billion). The deadline for submitting offers, which was extended on several occasions, is April 3.
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister: BGN 8.4 Billion are the Revenues from Tourism in 2018
- » Number of Foreign Tourists in Sofia Has Increased By 82% Between 2008 and 2018
- » Bulgaria was Top Tourist Destination for Greeks in 2018
- » 10% Decline in Early Bookings For the Southern Black Sea Coast
- » New Cheap Flights Start between Sofia, Bulgaria and Germany
- » First Flight of the Largest Aircraft in the World