Bulgaria is Spending 1.43% of GDP on Defense
Bulgaria is spending 1.43% of GDP on defense without the cost of military pensions. This is clear from the Alliance's Annual Report on how much the Allies spend.
Where is Bulgaria in NATO and the Future of the Alliance - a discussion on this topic brought together military, politicians and students in the National Assembly who discussed the benefits of our membership in the North Atlantic Alliance.
Prof. Antoniy Galabov, Sociologist and Political Scientist: Practical transfer of experience and technology is no less important aspect of security than the availability of weapons and military capabilities.
According to the NATO Annual Report on defense spending for the member states, Bulgaria is in 14th place.
Out of 28 allies, only 7 countries exceed the 2% threshold.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Lockheed Martin: The first Bulgarian F-16 Fighter jet is already being Assembled
- » The Most Cyberattacks against Bulgaria come from Russia
- » The Bulgarian Parliament ratified the Contract for the Acquisition of 8 more F-16 Fighter Jets
- » President Radev: Bulgaria actively participates in all NATO exercises in the Black Sea Region
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister on Military Aid to Ukraine: We cannot provide the S-300
- » Suspects of the Attack in Istanbul have been arrested in Bulgaria (UPDATED)