Bulgaria is Spending 1.43% of GDP on Defense
Bulgaria is spending 1.43% of GDP on defense without the cost of military pensions. This is clear from the Alliance's Annual Report on how much the Allies spend.
Where is Bulgaria in NATO and the Future of the Alliance - a discussion on this topic brought together military, politicians and students in the National Assembly who discussed the benefits of our membership in the North Atlantic Alliance.
Prof. Antoniy Galabov, Sociologist and Political Scientist: Practical transfer of experience and technology is no less important aspect of security than the availability of weapons and military capabilities.
According to the NATO Annual Report on defense spending for the member states, Bulgaria is in 14th place.
Out of 28 allies, only 7 countries exceed the 2% threshold.
- » Romania, Bulgaria Boost Defense Buys Amid Worries About Russia
- » Bulgarian Parliament Rejected President's Veto on Changes to the Military Intelligence Act
- » Bulgaria Ranks 49th in the Global Firepower 2019 Military Strength Ranking
- » US Army Iron Rangers Conduct Spur Ride in Bulgaria
- » China Plans a Giant Military Parade on October 1
- » The Second Supply of C-400 Rockets arrived in Turkey