Hillary Clinton Will Not Run For President Again
Hillary Clinton says she won’t run for president in 2020, but vows she’s “not going anywhere”, reported the Guardian.
The former secretary of state, senator and first lady ruled out another campaign during an interview posted on Monday by New York TV station News12 .
Clinton, who lost the 2016 presidential election to Donald Trump, says, “I’m going to keep on working and speaking and standing up for what I believe.”
“What’s at stake in our country, the kind of things that are happening right now, are deeply troubling to me,” she said.
On Monday, the former Colorado governor John Hickenlooper joined the Democratic race for the nomination, citing an ability to bring people together in a time of “crisis”.
He became the 14th candidate and second governor to join a historically diverse Democratic primary field. Other moderate candidates include senators Amy Klobuchar (Minnesota) and Cory Booker (New Jersey). SenKamala Harris of California has made a strong start running to the left of centre.
Leading lights further left include the independent Vermont senator Bernie Sanders, whose 2016 presidential campaign helped energise the progressive movement and reshaped the Democratic party, and Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts. Governor Jay Inslee of Washington has announced a run based on environmental concerns. Montana’s governor, Steve Bullock, and the former Virginia governor Terry McAuliffe are also considering running, as is the Colorado senator, Michael Bennet.
Clinton said she had spoken with several of the candidates seeking the Democratic presidential nomination, and told them “Don’t take anything for granted, even though we have a long list of real problems and broken promises” from the Trump administration.
- » Bulgarian PM: With the Construction of HEMUS Motorway, the Country's GDP will Rise by at Least 10-20%
- » Bulgarian President Rumen Radev Met With Medical Specialists
- » 69% of the Gross Premium Income of the Non-Life Insurance in Bulgaria Comes From Motor Insurance
- » Bulgaria's Debt is BGN 24.4 Billion
- » PM Borisov: Bulgarian GDP will Rise by at least 10-20% with the Construction of Hemus Highway
- » Bulgarian State-owned Company Starts the Construction of a Section of "Hemus" Highway