If There is No Brexit Deal: European Citizens Retain Their Rights
Britain will guarantee the rights of European citizens on its territory, and those of the British in the EU will also be preserved, even if the country comes out of the union without a deal, reported the Bulgarian National Television.
This was one of the proposals that British MPs approved last night. They supported Theresa May's new partnership for Brexit, but a number of concessions were made.
According to this plan, the agreement May negotiates with Brussels and the package of amendments that will succeed in the meantime, will be voted once again, not later than 12 March.
If it does not receive a green light this time, on March 13, MEPs will decide whether they want to get out of the EU without a deal. If they refuse, May 14 will put forward a proposal to postpone Brexit.
Opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn said he would support a second referendum on Brexit, but would continue to seek other alternatives.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Defense Minister: There is No Request to Increase the Bulgarian Contingent in Kosovo
- » The Bulgarians may enter North Macecdonia’s Constitution with the Egyptians and 4 other Nations
- » Bulgaria: WCC-DB and GERB-SDS renewed Negotiations for a Government
- » Bulgaria: Denkov confirmed that WCC-DB's Negotiations with GERB are Resuming
- » Bulgaria: Borissov refuses to Give Up his Immunity Voluntarily
- » Bulgaria: Pro-EU Protest against the President with chants “This is Not Moscow”