Prime Minister Borisov: Saudi Arabia has a Huge Interest in Bulgaria
Saudi Arabia has a huge interest in Bulgaria. This was confirmed by the King and their Foreign Minister. This was stated by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov in Egypt, where he participates in the summit between the leaders of the EU and the League of Arab States.
Borisov held a meeting with Saudi Arabian Foreign Minister Ibrahim Abdulazis al-Asaf. The two spoke at the EU-League Summit of the Arab States in Sharm El-Sheikh, the government's press service said.
The activation of cooperation in the areas of trade, investment and energy was the focus of the meeting. The Foreign Minister of Saudi Arabia welcomed the forthcoming opening of a Bulgarian Embassy in Rabat and the Bulgarian Prime Minister pointed out that this will further strengthen our bilateral relations in all spheres. They also discussed the opportunities for investment by Saudi Arabia in the project to build the European gas hub "Balkan".
"The challenges facing the Middle East and North Africa are also challenges for the EU. This can be explained by both our geographic proximity and the relationships established in the years in trade, economy, education, culture and others. " This was pointed out by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov in his speech at the First Summit between the EU Member States and the League of Arab States.
The Bulgarian Prime Minister stressed that it is necessary, within the framework of the available tools and institutional capabilities, that the EU and LAD find the right and possible way to tackle the common problems and challenges.
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus
- » The Presidents of Bulgaria and Romania Rumen Radev and Klaus Iohannis Discussed the Efficient Supplies of Food and Raw Materials in the Conditions of Crisis
- » The Government has Approved a Program for Supporting Bulgarian Communities Abroad
- » Stoltenberg: Bulgaria has Received NATO support in the Fight against COVID-19