Traffic Police Operation For Control of Trucks and Buses Begins
Checks will continue until February 24th, reported Nova TV.
From 24 February to 24 February there will be a traffic police operation for the control of trucks and buses. It is part of the TISPOL calendar - the European Traffic Police Network - and similar action takes place in the territory of all Member States.
Operations for the control of trucks and buses are aimed at drawing attention to drivers that the consequences and the number of victims and injured in road traffic accidents involving heavy machinery and buses are significantly higher than other heavy road crashes. The main causes of the incidents involving trucks and buses are failure to observe drivers' rest time, speeding, alcohol and drug use, unsafe cargo transport and vehicle overload.
Checks will be carried out jointly with employees of the Automobile Administration Executive Agency. The inspections will include criminal and economic police officers.
- » The Sofia Library Marks 140 Years Since the Announcement of Sofia as a Capital City
- » Three Major Repairs to Trakia Highway Start on Monday
- » Carriers Discuss Forthcoming Protest Actions in Plovdiv
- » "Women in the Balkans in the Next 100"
- » RFE/RL: Bulgarian Justice Minister Resigns Amid Real Estate Scandal
- » Bulgarian President Radev and CEC Discussed Preparations for the European Elections