About 670,000 Tons of Food Are Disposed of by Bulgarians Every Year
In Bulgaria, nearly 670,000 tons of food goes to the trash every year. The reason - households buy more than they can consume.
Administrative procedures make it difficult for manufacturers and shops to donate food with a low shelf-life. Bulgarians do not fully understand the labels on food labels, a study by the European Commission shows. This is one of the reasons for the high amount of food waste. People do not make a difference between the "use before" and "best to" labels.
- » The Earth Has Lost 12 million Hectares of Tropical Forests in 2018
- » During the 2017/2018 School Year, 16,300 Students Left School
- » Bulgarian Beekeepers Threaten to Block Pleven – Sofia Road in Protest
- » Girl from Varna Disappeared in Germany
- » Bulgarian Doctors will be Trained for Pulmonary Transplantation in Vienna
- » Over 4500 Children and Young People in Bulgaria Live in a Criminal Environment