Automobile Giant Opens Sixth Plant in Bulgaria
"Teklas Bulgaria" will build a sixth factory on the territory of Bulgaria. The company, which produces rubber compound and plastic products for the biggest automotive companies, has chosen Vratsa for its newest factory, according to a statement by the mayor Kalin Kamenov. In the beginning, the company will hire 500 people, and at a later stage their number will double.
Teklas Bulgaria, owned entirely by the Turkish Teklas Kauçuk Sanayi ve Ticaret, is due to choose the exact location of several proposed ones. Construction of the plant will last 6 months. The company already owns four factories in Kardzhali and one in Krumovgrad, the largest employer in the region.
Over 2,100 people work for Teklas, which opened its first activity in Bulgaria in 2004. A factory of "MD Elektronik" will be opened in Vratsa, with an investment of about € 11 million. The factory will employ 1,000 people. The automotive sector is becoming increasingly important for Bulgaria. According to data of the Ministry of Economy in 2018 investments amounting to nearly BGN 200 million were made and 3,200 new jobs were opened.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Outgoing Government Allocates Another BGN 237 Million for Payroll Support Schemes
- » Today is Last Day for Filing Personal Tax Returns
- » Bulgarians’ Favorite Summer Destinations Opening for Tourists Soon
- » Russia Suspends Flights to Bulgaria, Summer Tourist Season at Risk
- » Bulgaria Opened New Summer Season, What to Expect?
- » Bulgarians Buy out Russian’s Real Property on Black Sea Coast