Exports of Electricity Jumped Over 200% For Just 1 Year
According to data from the Electricity System Operator, by February 3, the electricity exports to neighboring countries increased by more than 199%.
Bulgaria's electricity exports increased by 199.72% a year by February 3, according to data from the state Electricity System Operator. The increase is mainly due to an increase in exports to Turkey. The current energy balance report reports growth in electricity production by 12 per cent, while consumption has increased by nearly 5 per cent.
The state recognizes that the increased production is mainly due to the base capacities of the country - NPP and TPP. At the same time, large renewable energy plants have reduced their production by over 3 per cent.
There is only an increase for renewable power plants connected to electricity suppliers that provide electricity for household consumers and small businesses.
- » Nearly 80% of the Water in Bulgaria Goes to the Energy Sector
- » Bulgargaz Аnnounces a Competition For the Supply of Gas that is Not From Russia
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister: I Hope the Belene NPP Procedure Will Be Successful
- » The Procedure for Choosing a Strategic Investor in Belene NPP Starts
- » Bulgaria, Northern Macedonia and Albania Unite their Electricity Markets
- » Тоday It Will Become Clear Which Are the Candidates For the Construction of TurkSteam on Bulgarian Territory