71-Year-Old Woman From Svilengrad Gave BGN 14 000 to Phone Scammers
A resident of Svilengrad at the age of 71 has been a victim of phone scammers, the District Police Directorate of Haskovo has announced. The woman went to the police station and said she had been deceived under the scheme "money for a close relative".
The woman told the police that she had not been able to find out during the telephone conversation for who exactly the scammers wanted the money for an emergency operation. Nevertheless, she collected all her money and gold jewelleries. Following the instructions, she gave them BGN 14 000, 2 gold rings and a bracelet in the space between "Gen. Skobelev" Str.
After she realized she was misled, she signaled in the Regional Directorate - Svilengrad. Work on pre-trial proceedings continues.
- » Bank Employee from Central Bulgaria Arrested for Embezzlement of nearly 400 000 Levs
- » Transportation of Baby Eels from Endangered Species was Stopped at Sofia Airport (Photos)
- » Municipal Officials in Burgas Stopped the Sale of a Child
- » Quadruple Murder in Western Bulgaria
- » A Hacker Attack Hit the Australian Parliament
- » Imitation of "Nova Brasilia" Coffee Brand Led to a Fine of 2.57 Million in Bulgaria