71-Year-Old Woman From Svilengrad Gave BGN 14 000 to Phone Scammers
A resident of Svilengrad at the age of 71 has been a victim of phone scammers, the District Police Directorate of Haskovo has announced. The woman went to the police station and said she had been deceived under the scheme "money for a close relative".
The woman told the police that she had not been able to find out during the telephone conversation for who exactly the scammers wanted the money for an emergency operation. Nevertheless, she collected all her money and gold jewelleries. Following the instructions, she gave them BGN 14 000, 2 gold rings and a bracelet in the space between "Gen. Skobelev" Str.
After she realized she was misled, she signaled in the Regional Directorate - Svilengrad. Work on pre-trial proceedings continues.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 9 People Involved in a Criminal Group for Illegal Extraction and Sale of Wood Have Been Detained
- » 29-year-old Man Shot Near Sofia After a Car Race
- » 40 kg of Radioactive Blueberries From Chernobyl Were Seized by Ukrainian Border Patrol
- » Light Aircraft Overloaded With Cocaine Crashed on Take-Off on its Way to Australia
- » Bulgaria: Large Drug Lab in Yambol Discovered During a Police Operation
- » Man Was Stabbed Near the National Theater