71-Year-Old Woman From Svilengrad Gave BGN 14 000 to Phone Scammers
A resident of Svilengrad at the age of 71 has been a victim of phone scammers, the District Police Directorate of Haskovo has announced. The woman went to the police station and said she had been deceived under the scheme "money for a close relative".
The woman told the police that she had not been able to find out during the telephone conversation for who exactly the scammers wanted the money for an emergency operation. Nevertheless, she collected all her money and gold jewelleries. Following the instructions, she gave them BGN 14 000, 2 gold rings and a bracelet in the space between "Gen. Skobelev" Str.
After she realized she was misled, she signaled in the Regional Directorate - Svilengrad. Work on pre-trial proceedings continues.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Husband of the Murdered 28-year-old Mother of Two Children faces 20 Years in Prison
- » Bulgaria: Young Mother of Two was found Dead – Husband has been Arrested
- » Bulgaria: 12 Immigrants from Syria were Detained in Sofia in a Car with Serbian Registration
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Traffickers Fly at 200 km/h – Our Police Cars can’t Catch them!
- » Greece detained Bulgarians for defrauding Elderly People for over 260,000 euros
- » Two Ukrainians were detained for Theft in Burgas, Bulgaria