71-Year-Old Woman From Svilengrad Gave BGN 14 000 to Phone Scammers
A resident of Svilengrad at the age of 71 has been a victim of phone scammers, the District Police Directorate of Haskovo has announced. The woman went to the police station and said she had been deceived under the scheme "money for a close relative".
The woman told the police that she had not been able to find out during the telephone conversation for who exactly the scammers wanted the money for an emergency operation. Nevertheless, she collected all her money and gold jewelleries. Following the instructions, she gave them BGN 14 000, 2 gold rings and a bracelet in the space between "Gen. Skobelev" Str.
After she realized she was misled, she signaled in the Regional Directorate - Svilengrad. Work on pre-trial proceedings continues.
- » 30 Years in Prison for the Murderer of Bulgarian Journalist Victoria Marinova
- » Police Operation Against Drug Dealers in the Sofia District of Strelbishte
- » Theft of Electricity in a Luxury Building in Sofia Detected by CEZ
- » Bulgarian Citizen Committed a Double Murder in Turkey and Committed Suicide
- » Greek Police Detained a Bulgarian Truck Full of illegal Immigrants
- » Special Operation in Vidin Against a Group for Human Trafficking and Money Laundering