Bulgaria Still has not Reached the Peak of the Influenza Season
Flu epidemic has been declared 7 areas, reported NOVA TV.
More than 460 schools and kindergartens in the country are closed because of a flu vacation. An epidemic has been declared 7 areas. Today, children from Smolyan, Pazardzhik and Samokov will stay at home. In Burgas, Stara Zagora and Shumen the holiday was continued until Tuesday.
''The peak of the flu epidemic in Bulgaria is not yet reached'', said the director of the National Center for Infectious and Parasitic Diseases.
Latest data show that around 100,000 people are currently affected by flu. Last year, at the time, the number of infected patients ranged between 200 and 400,000 per week.
- » Malaria Strain Resistant to Two Key Drugs is Rapidly Spreading
- » Expert: There is no Meat Infected with African Swine Fever on the Bulgarian Market
- » 17,000 Pigs in Rousse Region will be Culled to Contain African Swine Fever
- » First Industrial Farm Hit by African Swine Fever in Bulgaria
- » Vaccine For HIV Will be Tested on Humans
- » Hepatitis A Boom near Burgas