Bulgaria Still has not Reached the Peak of the Influenza Season
Flu epidemic has been declared 7 areas, reported NOVA TV.
More than 460 schools and kindergartens in the country are closed because of a flu vacation. An epidemic has been declared 7 areas. Today, children from Smolyan, Pazardzhik and Samokov will stay at home. In Burgas, Stara Zagora and Shumen the holiday was continued until Tuesday.
''The peak of the flu epidemic in Bulgaria is not yet reached'', said the director of the National Center for Infectious and Parasitic Diseases.
Latest data show that around 100,000 people are currently affected by flu. Last year, at the time, the number of infected patients ranged between 200 and 400,000 per week.
- » Bulgaria Ranks Sixth in Europe on the Spread of Measles
- » A National Coordination Council for Measles Has Been Established
- » 460 Infected with Measles in Bulgaria, 20 of them are Hospital Staff
- » Medics from the only Paediatric Hospital in Bulgaria Demand Higher Pay and more Staff
- » Мedical Specialists in Burgas Are Protesting
- » WHO: Measles Cases Have Risen by 300%